Monday, September 23, 2013

Last But Not Least Post :-)


Today's verses were:

Psalm 68:19
19) Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens.

1 John 1:7-9
7) But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all[a] sin.
8) If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.
9) If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

1 John  4:18
18) There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

I learned that I should give my burden of guilt (that I have carried around for years and add to it all the time) to Jesus and he will free me. As I study more and learn about him I will increase my freedom. It is very hard to let go of things that you have clutched for so long. 

I heard recently that asking for forgiveness, over and over, is a form of unbelief. He hears us the first time and forgives us. By asking again we are telling him that we did not believe he did it the first time. This makes very good sense to me. Just let it go...

(This devotional is from Jesus Calling and there is  information about it on I Heart Books Page. The Bible Verses are from New International Version of the Bible. Any mistakes or misprints are due to me and if you notice any please let me know so I can correct them. Thanks!!)

Day One

I am joining a lady in my group to do this! I think she just posted it so I am sure many more will join in with us. I have linked the above graphic to her blog if you would like to visit her. I would like to introduce you to Barb Gonzalez Olsen! :-)

I went out today, which I usually don't. I made a short trip up to the nearby grocery store. I was filled with Joy with the sun on  my face and the crisp fall air blowing through my hair. It almost grabbed my cap once and that made me laugh!

I hope you had a blessed day today! I wore myself out and had to recharge before I could blog. I did not want to miss a day on my second day! I know there will be times I cannot do it but my goodness I hope I can make it at least a week before that happens. :-)

Love to you!
Patty & Peanut

No comments:

Post a Comment