Monday, October 21, 2013

Oh Happy Day!

OH!! Good Morning!! God's word and teachings and knowledge is coming at me fast and furious today! And I am loving every second of it! I love it when I am able to be still... and listen to what He is telling me! So many times I have 4011 things swirling around in  my head. God cannot be heard over my chatter! I am so swollen with happiness I feel as if I could pop. I want so much to have you feel it too! I am happy for Stella... but Patty's got her groove on too! Let's praise God!!



(Some of the...) Verses I am studying today:

Psalm 139:23-24
Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

My Humble View~

Search (to look through or explore by inspecting possible places of concealment or investigating suspicious circumstances) me, O God (the perfect and all-powerful spirit or being that is worshiped especially by Christians, Jews, and Muslims as the one who created and rules the universe), and know my heart; test (examination, observation, or evaluation) and know of my anxious (afraid or nervous especially about what may happen) thoughts (an idea, plan, opinion, picture, etc., that is formed in your mind). See if there is any offensive (causing someone to feel hurt, angry, or upset) way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting (lasting or enduring through all time ~ eternal ~ having no beginning and no end in time : lasting forever).

1 Peter 5:6
Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand.

My Humble View~

Humble (showing that you do not think of yourself as better than other people) yourselves, therefore (for that reason : because of that), under God's (the perfect and all-powerful spirit or being that is worshiped) mighty (having or showing great strength or power) hand.

Job 1:21
And he said: "The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord.

My Humble View~
And he said: "The Lord (used as a name for God or Jesus) gave (allowed someone to have), and the Lord has taken (removed what was given) away; blessed (having a sacred nature ~ holy ~ morally good) be the name of the Lord.



Me: :-)

The Past: I am a stuffer. When something is wrong? I stuff it inside, I try to 'fix' it (isn't that laughable?) and I am ashamed of it, if the truth be known. If I was better it would not have happened. Right! I did not want God to see it even though, I knew in my heart, he knew.

The Last Few Decades: So.... I pray about it. Over and over and over. I bet that drove God nuts but thankfully he knows me and knows I was trying. 

The Recently: Then he taught me that asking for the same thing over and over was a sign of non belief. Uh-oh! Just the opposite of what I was trying to PROVE to God. That I was turning my troubles over to him. BUT God is not deaf. You do not have to repeat yourself. 

Now what do I do?? How do I break the habit of asking for help and for forgiveness for the same things day after day? I have issues controlling my thoughts. Bet you do too. My mind takes off, I stumble across something disagreeable.... and start to pray. Alarms go off! Warning Warning!! OH MAN!!

Today: God points my nose in this direction... He knows my nose is usually in my monitor so He just puts it in front of me there!

1. (in)courage email ~ about today's blog post:


and I hear God through her that it is okay to discuss it with him! Ask Him and then thank Him instead of asking him again! Isn't that what we are taught when we are little??

For instance if you ask some one for homemade cookies they just don't pop into their hands to give to you. They have to gather the ingredients,  measure out the right amount of everything, mix it all up and then you wait while they bake. God is making cookies in me and I am going to be patient and thankful. Oh so thankful!

2. Then I popped into my (in)courage Fall group and discovered that we are today's devotional from Jesus Calling by Sarah Young.

That is what the Bible verses are above. Her message (to me) was about being with Jesus, have him in your life, be WITH him. Then when something comes up that you would normally stuff? Don't! Talk to him instead. Do not be rebellious, do not be resentful and do not be petty. Praise Him! Remember he gives us gifts and takes things away. When they go? Thank him for the time that you were allowed to have them and then go on (with Him by your side!)

3. I know as I go about my day He will show this message to me again. Because, unlike Him, I do need repetition!




I added a page this weekend. My Wanderings :-) I will note when it has been updated. It has been updated and noted :-)

I can then just pop my blog open and add it to the page and be quick as a wink about it. Because I love to share and  I love you!

Have a great Monday!!
Love,
Patty

PS! The bloom Book Club starts today! It is NOT too late :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment