Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Lost & Found


Verses from my Devotional
(Jesus Calling by Sarah Young)

Ephesians 2:10
For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

My Humble View~

For we are God's (the perfect and all-powerful spirit or being that is worshiped especially by Christians, Jews, and Muslims as the one who created and rules the universe) workmanship (the quality of the work that is done by someone), created in Christ Jesus (the man who Christians believe is the son of God and whose life, death, and resurrection as reported in the New Testament of the Bible are the basis of the Christian religion*) to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Hebrews 12:3
Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart. 

My Humble View~

Consider (to think about (something or someone) carefully especially in order to make a choice or decision) him who endured (to continue to exist in the same state or condition ~ to deal with or accept (something unpleasant) ~ to experience (pain or suffering) for a long time) such opposition (action that is done to stop or defeat someone or something ~ a person or group that you are trying to defeat or succeed against) from sinful (very bad or wicked) men, so that you will not grow (become) weary (bored or annoyed by something because you have seen it, heard it, done it, etc., many times or for a long time) and lose heart.

 Me ~

We should begin our day with God. (and take him with us throughout the day and end the day with him too!) But starting the day with him is important. It gets you in the right frame of mind to greet the day and prepares you for your day. You will grow closer with him and reach for him and rejoice in him! Let God prepare you for your day ahead and you cannot go wrong!


Lost: Yesterday was the beginning of A Testimony of Thanksgiving with Holly at Epic Surrender. I looked for it but could not find it. I thought I was (goofy, lost, insane ~ your choice LOL!) I checked and rechecked throughout the day. (???)

Found: This morning I headed over there and discovered I had downloaded the wrong bookmark (she makes the coolest bookmarks for your Bible study). I had the old study. So! I have the correct one now and I will be doing yesterdays and today's because I do not want to miss any blessings. And so it goes...

If you would like to join us? It lasts for 4 weeks. Just click the link on the side of the page or the graphic above. :-) See you there!

Week 1 Monday ~ Magnify the Lord

We are to read Psalms 69:1-36 (click!)

And our verse is:
Psalms 69:30
I will praise God's name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving. 

My Humble View~

I will praise (to express thanks to or love and respect for God) God's name in song and glorify (to honor or praise) him with thanksgiving (a prayer that expresses thanks to God).

Me ~

Holly talks of the first Thanksgiving in the US. 

It must have been a horrendous life! From 16 married woman... down to just 4 in the first winter.  Can you imagine losing 12 of your friends. Would you or could you still be thankful? They just were not prepared for the winter and it took it's toll.

The following Fall they did give thanks. God had watched over them and had sent the Indians to teach them how to survive the harsh winters. With God's grace they were ready and had a feast to give thanks and praise him! Without God I don't think they would have survived the second Winter. I honestly don't!

Week 1 Tuesday ~ Praising In the Pain

We are to read: Philippians 4:1-7

And our verse is:
Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

My Humble View~

Do not be anxious (afraid or nervous especially about what may happen) about anything, but in every situation (an important or sudden problem), by prayer (words spoken to God especially in order to give thanks or to ask for something) and petition (a prayer or request to God), with thanksgiving (a prayer that expresses thanks to God), present your requests (an act of politely or formally asking for something) to God

Me ~

One of my favorite verses in the Bible as God has been showing it to me over and over. My name is Patty A Muich and I think the A is for anxious. God is teaching me that my being anxious is a waste of time and pretty hard on the body. I cannot do anything without him so I should just give it to God and relax.

Today Holly talked about a guy I had never heard of. George Mueller. I am glad that she told me about him because he had great faith. He was married twice. When he lost his  first wife he thanked God for taking her home.


You can read some of his story here. You will see that he believed in God, had no doubts whatsoever that God would provide. And you know... God did!



May God bless you and keep you, today, tomorrow and always!
Love,
Patty

PS I am in the Fall Book Club at bloom too... I think you can still join that. Link is up on the left ;-)

* Christ Jesus ~ also in the dictionary definition ~ also Christ, Jesus Jesus Christ, Christ, and Jesus are commonly used as interjections to express surprise and anger. These uses are avoided in polite speech. I was always taught it was a sin. What do you think?
Exodus 20:7
7 “You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment