Monday, October 14, 2013

Suffering


Verses I am studying today:

James 1:2-4
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.  Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything.

My Humble View~

Consider (to think about carefully) it pure (not mixed with anything else) joy (a feeling of great happiness) my brothers (one related to another by common ties or interests), whenever you face trials (the action or process of trying or putting to the proof, test) of many kinds, because you know that the testing (a critical examination, observation, or evaluation) of your faith (belief in the existence of God : strong religious feelings or beliefs) develops (to grow or become bigger or more advanced) perseverance (the quality that allows someone to continue trying to do something even though it is difficult, steadfastness). Perseverance must finish (complete) its work so that you  may be mature (having reached a final or desired state) and complete (finished), not lacking (to not have enough) in anything.

God is talking to me again...

 39 years ago today my oldest son was born. I love him with all of my heart (there is always a but isn't there?) but he has basically meant pain to me every one of those 39 years. Some was caused by others over him and some by him. I hurt from him and I hurt for him. It has been almost 3 full years since I saw him and he has no intentions of seeing me again in this life time.

I have known, for a long time, that God was using him to teach me things. I never realized that it was also to test my faith. Or to teach me to be mature and  complete. Please pray for my son Randy. He does not know God, love or anything good. He lives filled with hate and the love of money. For a long time I feared him waking up with regrets. Now I fear that he will not wake up and regret anything. I think that is even scarier!  I could use your prayers too. This time of year is always hard.




Psalm 107:21-22
Let them give thanks to the Lord for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for men. Let them sacrifice thank offerings and tell of his works with songs of joy.

My Humble View~

Let them give thanks (something done or said to express thanks) to the Lord (God, Jesus) for his unfailing (never changing or becoming weaker even in difficult times, always providing enough of what is needed, everlasting) and his wonderful (awesome!) deeds (something that is done : an act or action) for men. Let them sacrifice (offering) thank offerings (something that is given to God as a part of religious worship) and tell of his works (to devote serious and sustained effort) with songs of joy (a feeling or state of well-being and contentment).

This is my daily devotional from Jesus Calling by Sarah Young.  





Please be sure to click on my Study Page for Prayer. I discovered a wonderful woman online with the most awesome idea for a Prayer Journal! It Rocks! I have a couple of pictures that are linked to her page and you can visit her too!

 And!


This morning I found news about the Fall Book Club at Bloom! They are having a Giveaway!! Some very nice gifts! 





If you don’t have a copy of the book yet, you can order one today* from the DaySpring store and it should arrive just in time to start with us.  Bonus:  DaySpring’s price is almost 30% off retail, only $9.99!!  And remember, buy two books – one to keep and one to gift away – use the code Bloombook, and you’ll receive free shipping.
* Please Note: I am  an affiliate with DaySprings so I will make money if you shop through my link. Pennies on the dollar but pennies add up and buys treats for I and Peanut! :-) I don't want you to think I am trying to trick you and get rich. LOL!


I hope you are having a wonderful Monday! Wasn't the weekend awesome?

Love,
Patty  

4 comments:

  1. Trusting The Lord is sometimes the hardest thing we do. But this I do know, The Lord loves your son Randy more and even you do, He died that he might have eternal life! Don't give up hope and keep praying.

    Thank you for you kind words about my prayer journal :-)

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your visit and kind words. One of my biggest prayers for Randy is that he would be able to FEEL the love and know that he is cherished by God and his mom. Words are so empty until you feel them.

      May God bless you and keep you.
      Love,
      Patty

      Delete
  2. Your breakdown of these verses is fabulous! I pray for your son, for His relationship with God and with you. God does miracles. Keep knocking on heaven's door, friend. Don't give up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet Elizabeth! I feel so much closer to God and my mom doing it this way. (HER way LOL!) She searched and searched for a Bible dictionary... and ended up writing her own :-) God created one heck of a woman when he created her. LOL! I had to laugh yesterday when I thought to myself, "I need to make a page of my definitions that I have looked up." And then said, "Okay Mom!" :-)

      I will never give up on Randy. Even if I never see him again (in this life) I know in my heart that God loves him and I will see him in Heaven. And I promise not to say, "I told you so." :-) There is much more to this story and maybe someday I will be able to write it out and take a better look at it.

      Thank you for your visit!
      Love,
      Patty

      Delete