Saturday, October 12, 2013

God's Words to Me...

Verses I am studying today:

Hebrews 11:6
And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him. 

My Humble View~
 
And without faith (belief in the existence of God : strong religious feelings or beliefs) it is impossible (unable to be done or to happen : not possible) to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe (to accept or regard {something} as true) that he exists (to have real being whether material or spiritual) and that he rewards (to give money or another kind of payment to someone for something good that has been done) those who earnestly (a considerable or impressive degree or amount) seek (to search for, to try to find, to ask for, to try to get or achieve) him.

John 4:23-24
23) "Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 
24) God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth.

My Humble View~

23) "Yet a time (a particular minute or hour shown by a clock) is coming (the time when something begins) and has now come when the true (real or genuine) worshipers (the act of showing respect and love for God especially by praying with other people who believe in God) the Father ( capitalized  the first person of the Trinity {Father, Son and Holy Spirit}) in spirit (the inner quality or nature of a person) and truth (the real facts about something), for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks (to search for, to try to find, to ask for, to try to get or achieve). 
24) God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth.

This is my daily devotional from Jesus Calling by Sarah Young. This book so enriches my life. I wish everyone could have a copy. She takes the message and puts it in a woman's point of view so that I can easily understand it. I grew up with the King James Version of the Bible and when you are little it is a bit hard to understand. 

HOMEWORK: Go here. Click to look inside the book ~ When it opens? Scroll till you come to the dates. Click on your birthday and see the message for that day. That is the easiest way for me to show you how wonderful this book is!!

This is how my mom studied the Bible (with word definitions included so she could understand ~ for sure ~ what she was reading). I never DREAMED I would turn to Mom's Way of anything... let alone Bible Study. I know, with all my heart that she is smiling down on me.

That is my one regret of my mother's life. She would have enjoyed the Internet! She was a student of God all the days of her life. Remind me to tell  you some delightful Mom Stories sometime! :-)

I have been going through some mental and emotional roller coaster rides so I have not been blogging. I keep slipping back into the 'old way' of paying attention to my thoughts instead of God's voice. You know the one... no one loves me, everybody hates me, I think I'll go eat worms. I had my group pray for me the other day and they really blessed me. It feels so good to have people care about you.

Going to keep it short today... skipping the Obedience post (but striving to stay obedient) and the Days of Joy post (but finding Joy in God every day, one way or another, even in the bad ones!)

May God bless you all and I hope to see you again, soon!

Love to you and yours,
Patty



OH My Goodness!! I forgot! My book arrived yesterday!! The one for the Bloom Fall Book Club! WOOT! I cannot wait to dive right in! "a million little ways" sounds so delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment