Monday, September 30, 2013

One Word



I was out visiting some blogs this morning :-) I am always looking for new things! When I stopped by just following Jesus by Elizabeth Stewart I found One Word 365. As I read about it? I thought HEY! I can do that! I can remember one word! If I write it down... LOL!

And the word jumped into my head, uninvited... I mean it. I had not even finished reading about it and the word landed in my brain with both feet. 

 

o·be·di·ence

ōˈbēdēəns/
noun
noun: obedience

    1.
    compliance with an order, request, or law or submission to another authority.
    "children were taught to show their parents obedience"
    synonyms:    compliance, acquiescence, tractability, amenability;
    dutifulness, duty, deference, observance of the law/rules;
    submissiveness, submission, conformity, docility, tameness, subservience, obsequiousness, servility
    "the party leadership wants blind obedience to their policies"

Oh boy! That is a hard word. It is not fun to be obedient. I have been obedient most of my life. Not correctly but obedient none the less. I was obedient to my mother and then my husband. And he was not following God's word.


I have linked One Word 365 to the right if you would like to read about it. And the above graphic is from intentional by grace back to it's page. I wanted a graphic and that was the best I found... other than puppy dogs being trained.

Deuteronomy 5:33
Walk in obedience to all that the Lord your God has commanded you, so that you may live and prosper and prolong your days in the land that you will possess.

I want to obedient to God. I think I will find much happiness in this. It will take a lot more prayers than just mine so please put me on your prayer list. A whole lot more ;-)


Today in group we are talking about NOT worrying about tomorrow. This is a big one for me as I have always been a worry~wart. I have told my kids that if there is nothing to worry about I make something up to worry about. I am just that used to worry. I tell myself over and over, Let Go, Let God and it is slowly sinking in. I am catching myself more and more often and turning it around. Thank you Lord! I no longer want to limp through the days worrying about tomorrow.

I lost a neighbor this past weekend. I hope she did not worry all day Saturday about Sunday as for her, Sunday did not come. That would be an awful waste of a day. I will try to keep that in mind. I am learning not to worry over the future and to not fret about my past. God has forgiven me and will not lead me wrong. Pretty great when you stop and think about it!!

Sept 30th Verses:
Matthew 6:34
John 10-10
James 4:13-15


I have been slipping with this already.
I am NOT going to worry about it.
I will just catch up!

Saturday September 28th
Day Six
My Grandson's ''First Date"

Sunday September 29th
Day Seven
Denver Bronco Game

Living in Wisconsin I usually do not get to see my favorite team play but I got to see 3/4 of it yesterday. The Broncos were so far ahead they switched us over to a different game for the last quarter. I got upset at first and then I remembered to thank God for 3/4 instead of grumbling about the last one :-)

Monday Sept 30th
Day Eight

Cleaning the shower. Strange? Very. But I remember when I was so very sick and could not take care of it. That is where I keep Peanut's puppy training papers and if I cannot take care of that I don't think I should have a dog. There was a time when I had to hire help for a couple of weeks and I was very sad. Thankful I did not have to do it but was sad that I couldn't. Today I will scrub and scrub and SMILE :-)


I was so excited about Alex's (group) date that I forgot to find out the young ladies name. I have asked my daughter and I am waiting for her response. I think the twins have her tied up. Again! LOL!!

He looks so little in this picture but he really isn't.
He is as tall as his mom and I!! Or more!


He is ready for his "Bright" future in  this one!
I think he got Granny's & Mom's sense of humor (Yippee!)


One for the  memory book...


May God bless you all!

Love, 
Patty & Peanut

No comments:

Post a Comment